Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Its a New Day

I started my new part time job at Legacy Environmental Services on Monday. My first couple of days there went great. I start teaching at Ivy Tech tonight. Its a very busy time in my life, but God has been taking VERY good care of me. I can sense that its a new day, a new life for me.

Jeff's tale bone has been hurting a lot since he fell down the basement stairs on Friday. Yet, he still refuses to see a doctor - MEN! It hurts him most when he sits for long stretches. Its so similar to my pain, its frightening. He had to stand up during a meeting on Monday. The drive to and from South Bend for work makes his pain worse. I feel so incredibly bad for him. My hope and prayers are that this is an acute pain situation that goes away in the coming days/weeks.

If you let yourself, you can start to feel frightened of life. You can forget that there is a loving God intimately concerned about and involved in your life. He doesn't let bad things happen to you. Bad things just happen. Its our response to these challenges that demonstrate our faith or weaknesses in our faith. In all honesty, I often forget that God is taking care of me and those I love. I have this tendency to let my mind have thought attacks fearing the worst. I've fought this weakness in my faith my entire life. When bad things happen to good people, we fight like hell to stay in faith, but it can be very difficult.

God is leading me to where He/She knows I need to be. I believe that with all my heart. There are no coincidences. Everything that happens is within God's plan for our lives. Why is Jeff hurting? Its not because God doesn't love him anymore than my pain means God doesn't care about me. God is giving Jeff & I the opportunity to learn, to get stronger and to grow in faith. Pain can be a God given gift. . . if you choose to see it that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment