Monday, January 17, 2011

Want to Make God Laugh?


It is often said that if you want to make God laugh, make plans. That isn't to say you can't and shouldn't make plans. The point is not to get so attached to those plans that you're devastated when they don't come to fruition. My plans today were to spend the morning with Jeff since we both had today off for the holiday and spend the afternoon when Kate got out of school enjoying some family time. Unfortunately, we found out that our new kitten, Simba, needed immediate medical care for a continuing eye infection. He may need to have an eye removed. So Jeff is currently in Cicero taking our Simba to see an opthamologist for animals. I didn't even know there was such a profession!

In the larger scheme of things, we make bigger plans than how to spend a day off from work. We make plans for our careers, homes, vacations, kids, and more. If you're like me, you do get a little attached to your plans. You do invest a lot of time and energy into making the things you want in life happen. There's nothing wrong with that as long as you fit in room for God to do what he needs to do in your life. Its important to say 'yes, this is my plan, but I only want it to happen if it is God's will'. I want to live under God's umbrella and that cannot happen if I don't make room for what God wants to do through me, if I don't spend time praying and reflecting on God's words. You'll miss an abundance of blessings if God isn't part of your plans.

Living with chronic pain was not part of my plan for my life. But as I've written many times, it is obviously part of God's plan for my life and it has been a source of blessings in numerous ways previously noted. Its not something I planned for and it definitely isn't what I would have chosen. But, I trust that God is using the pain to get me to where I need to be. It is part of his perfect plan for my life and by embracing it, I show my faith in His plan. I believe in His plan for my life because I know He is working through me for a greater good. Do you believe in God's plan for your life? How do you make room for God in your plans? Think about it. . . and please say a little prayer for our Simba.

No comments:

Post a Comment